Joining the program in 2021, Brittany DeGrooth looks to pass on her knowledge and skills to the next generation. DeGrooth played for Rhode Island Rays, South East Connecticut, and at Rhode Island College. Not to mention she was selected to USA U20 Team. Her trophy and awards shelves may already be fairly full from her playing days, but she will certainly make room for more coaching with the Rhode Island Surf. Preceding her joining Surf, DeGrooth served as a coach for Rhode Island College from 2019- 2021 and starting in 2022 will also be the La Salle Girls Soccer Assistant Coach. Away from the game, DeGrooth spends even more time helping to develop the next generation, as she is also an elementary school teacher.
- 3x All-Little East Conference
- 2018 Little East Conference Offensive Player of The Year
- 2018 Team MVP
- Named captain at RIC (2 seasons)
- RIC Career Goals and Points Leader
- 2x Providence Journal All-State selection
- Selected to USA U20 Team